Let It Snow! Falling Snow Animation
I wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! Let it snow!
Realistic 3D illusion & perspective
To make the animation seem more realistic, I created a pseudo 3D illusion thanks to basic knowledge of perspective:
- there are 3 layers of snow
- more distant snowflakes are smaller, while closer are larger
- more distant snowflakes fall slower, and closer ones fall faster
In addition, I've implemented noise effect (noise() in p5.js) to:
- falling snow, so now it seems to fall more naturally -> each snowflake moves sometimes slightly left or right, like in real life!
- mountains on horizon
And finally, there are 4-sized trees:
- randomly positioned (every page reload => different trees positioning);
- more distant trees are smaller & darker
- closer trees are lighter & bigger
© 1959 Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne & Dean Martin